This week on CIiCU, Gigi Hyland, Board Member of the NCUA and Gary Kohn, Senior Policy Advisor of the NCUA will join us as our guests. Our proposed topics include:
- CUNA has recently asked the NCUA for more guidance on filing SAR reports. Informally speaking, when should a credit union NOT file a SAR?
- Keeping with the BSA topics, how are credit unions handling the requirement to monitor structured transactions? Should credit unions invest in software to do this? What else should credit unions be aware of with respect to structured transactions and other CTR and SAR events?
- Should more credit unions be looking at TIPs to expand their fields of membership?
- Discussion of: "We have met the enemy and it is us." (Guy Messick's recent article in Credit Union Times).
- What are the major future legal challenges that credit unions may face in the next five to ten years?
We're recording this month's episode on Monday, July 31, 2006. Look for the show that evening. Thanks for listening!
Subcribe to the show via iTunes Music Store: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=151785964&s=143441